St Mary Star of the Sea College is a Catholic Girls’ Secondary School in the Good Samaritan tradition, which recognises and respects the dignity and individuality of each person within our multicultural community. We strive to develop each student’s capabilities through a variety of high-quality learning experiences while promoting the freedom and love of learning. We are deeply committed to amplifying the voice and the gifts of young women to enable them to be and to achieve their best and to claim their roles as leaders of the future. We are equally deeply committed to equipping our students with the skills and the confidence to ensure their agency and advocacy over their lives and their relationships. All members of staff have a responsibility to foster in their students and in their colleagues the rich tradition of Catholic values and education in the Good Samaritan/Benedictine tradition.
As a community of faith, Good Samaritan Education (GSE) is deeply rooted in the Benedictine spirituality gifted to us by the Congregation of the Sisters of the Good Samaritan. The Rule of Benedict, written over 1500 years ago and lived by the Sisters for over 150 years in Australia, underpins GSE’s commitment to the ministry of Catholic education. This commitment is further inspired by the Parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-27) and gives witness through the engagement of the schools with the ministries and works of the sisters.
As a member College of Good Samaritan Education, St Mary Star of the Sea College continues to be guided by the Good Samaritan Philosophy of Education and shaped by its commitment to the values of our spiritual tradition, including stewardship, mutuality, prayer, hospitality, humility, discernment, justice and peace. We are committed to the statement on The Voice and Experience of Women in Leadership.
Applications are now invited for the position of TAS Teacher (Stages 4 to 6). This is a permanent full-time position; commencing January 2023.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE WORKING WITH US!
- Highly supportive and collaborative team environment
- A sense of belonging with a strong focus on community
- Strong commitment to personal growth and development with exceptional professional development opportunities for teachers at all stages of their career
- Sensational work location, right by the beach and opposite Wollongong Harbour
- Creating genuine impact and making a difference to our inspiring, dedicated and delightful students!
The TAS Teacher provides a contemporary education to students in Years 7 - 12 in accordance with the appropriate syllabus and the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers. This includes the planning, preparation and teaching of programs to achieve specific student outcomes.
- Recognised teaching qualification, approved for teaching secondary school (Stages 4-6) with NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Accreditation
- Strong knowledge of the NSW curriculum with the ability to teach Stages 5 & 6 Industrial Technology Multimedia, Stage 4 Technology and Stages 5 & 6 Design and Technology.
- Strong digital literacy with experience using a range of technologies and software types and the willingness to engage with a variety of technologies.
- Experience, with demonstrated high standard of competency and proficiency as a classroom teacher, with the ability to structure lessons that meet the individual physical, social and intellectual development needs of students.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the holistic approach to education which challenges the creativity, initiative and ability of each student.
- Demonstrated outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, critical analysis and problem-solving skills with the ability to work collaboratively and respectfully in a team environment.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission and purpose of an all-girl Catholic College embracing the Good Samaritan and Benedictine tradition.
For further information and a position description visit our Careers page on the College website: www.stmarys.nsw.edu.au/our-college/careers/
Visit our Careers page to complete the online employment application form and attach:
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Covering letter addressing the essential requirements
- Copies of qualifications and proof of accreditation
Applications close on Wednesday, 17 August 2022
Child protection legislation requires the successful applicant to supply a valid Working with Children Check.