Canberra Girls Grammar School is seeking applications for a Management Accountant to hit the ground running as part of their busy finance team.
Applications for this position close: 9.00am, Tuesday 23 August 2022
- Maternity leave coverage from October 2022 (14 month contract)
- Full time, with part-time arrangements considered for the right candidate
- Classification: Clerical Officer Level 5, Step 1; Independent Schools ACT (Support and Operational Staff) Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2021
Who we are
Canberra Girls Grammar School (CGGS) is an independent non-selective Anglican school with an enrolment of approximately 1,300 students. The School has a strong reputation as a leader in the education of girls.
CGGS is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School and the only continuum school in the ACT authorised to offer the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP) and the Diploma Programme (DP).
Our intent is to develop children and young women that are well educated and who insist on living ethically and purposely. This is an opportunity to join a dedicated, supportive and innovative team in a school committed to excellence.
We are looking for a forward-thinking professional accountant to join our close-knit team on a non-ongoing basis who will enable the delivery of financial results, including insightful reporting and recommendations and driving efficiencies.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Risk, the key responsibilities of this role include:
- Provide accurate and insightful accounting and financial reporting within monthly deadlines and ensuring the School’s adherence to all relevant accounting standards
- Review of revenue and expenses against budgets and forecasts, and investigation of variances and provision of recommendations to drive actions, efficiencies and reduce costs
- Reconciliation of monthly general ledger accounts and the timely resolution of outstanding matters
- Assistance with the annual budgetary process and forecasts, and providing guidance and support to budget holders and others to take good financial and commercial decisions
- Preparation of annual statutory financial accounts and liaison with external auditors
- Assistance in preparation of statutory returns including the Financial Questionnaire, Grant acquittal Statements, BAS, and FBT return
- Assistance with system and process improvements
- Managing relationships with multiple stakeholders in the School and providing quality customer service
- Ensure processes are performed in accordance with established policies, procedures and accounting controls
- Supervision of the Assistant Accountant and support to other roles within the Finance Team and assistance to the Director of Finance and Risk and the Chief Operating Officer as required.
Applicants must possess:
- Ideally 5+ years demonstrated experience working in a similar financial accounting environment
- CA or CPA qualified (or final stage of working towards)
- Proficient in MS Excel (intermediate level minimum) and an overall contemporary IT skillset
- Hands-on experience in delivering month-end reporting to tight deadlines
- Expert knowledge of accounting and finance practices and processes
- Capability to build positive and professional relationships with proven communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills (written and verbal) that can be adapted to suit the audience
- Ability to effectively deal with ambiguity and uncertainty and to work flexibly
- Initiative and an openness to new ideas and approaches, with the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
- Exceptional attention to detail, organisational and time management skills
- An enthusiastic, self-motivated and professional attitude
The Benefits of Working at CGGS
- Reasonable working hours with a 4.30pm finish, and Christmas shut-down period
- Stimulating work environment, working with highly qualified finance professionals
- Modern technology and the ability to work flexibly where required
- Above minimum rate options for superannuation for permanent staff
- Be Well Program for staff including access to the school pool, gym and Employee Assistance Program
- Professional, supportive and values driven culture
- Free influenza injections
- Fee concessions for members of staff with children at our school
- A generous professional learning budget
- Free onsite parking
Further information, including the duty statement for the position can be found on the School’s website www.cggs.act.edu.au
Applications can be made via the online application form on the Employment page of our website https://employment.cggs.act.edu.au/.
Applications should include a current resume and short cover letter. Queries regarding this position should be directed via email to [email protected]. Please note that applications cannot be accepted via the employment email address.